NOTE: These instructions are only for customers that don’t have an active hosting package.
Please note that depending on the domain extension, DNS editor might not be available in the dashboard. If this is the case for you, please contact our support team to create a DNS zone for you and to point your domain to our nameservers.
If you need to make edits to your DNS records, you may do so through your HostPapa dashboard.
Important: Please double-check that you have entered the correct information into each field. DNS records are very sensitive, and even a small mistake can cause problems.
- Log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My Domains.
- Locate the domain you wish to update and click to display its details.
- Click the DNS Zone Editor tab.
- Select the type of record from the Type drop down.
Note: If you don’t see the record you need to edit, please contact our Support team.
- In the Name field, enter the specific name for the record.
- In the next field down, enter the required record data.
Note: The name of this second field will change depending on the type of DNS record you selected in the first step.
A Record: Address
MX Entry: Destination
TXT: TXT Data
- Click the Add New Record button. Your DNS record is saved.
It may take up to 15 minutes for the new changes to go into effect.
Need more help? please open a support ticket through your HostPapa Dashboard
If you require additional assistance, please create a new support ticket.