This is a guest post by
Zac Harris is the Director of SEO at SpyFu. He is passionate about scaling companies and testing all things SEO.
From the perspective of marketers, it’s not easy to choose between PPC and SEO. It’s quite challenging because each option has unique benefits. PPC promises you instant results, whereas SEO gives you long-term, sustainable results.
PPC and SEO each have their pros and cons. Keep reading to understand which is the best option for you.
- PPC strategies, when implemented correctly, help you increase the visibility of your business. PPC strategies help you place your ads on the top of search results. So, regardless of whether or not you generate clicks, it increases the visibility of your business.
- PPC strategies help you improve your ad targeting. You can target your audience based on the devices they use, their location, language, etc. And that increases your chances of converting your website visitors into loyal customers.
PPC campaigns can be costly, not to mention that it’s easy for consumers to block paid ads. 26% of internet users favor using ad-blockers on their mobiles and computers. So, this can minimize the impact of your PPC strategies.
- With the help of SEO strategies, you can generate a higher ROI. It helps you drive high-quality organic traffic to your website. As a result, it can help you boost your sales, thus leading to an increase in the ROI of your campaign.
- Unlike PPC, SEO helps you win the trust of your target audience. When your webpage appears in the top search results, it helps establish your brand credibility.
The major drawback of SEO is that it cannot generate instant results like PPC. It’s not a quick fix; SEO strategies take a lot of time to generate results.
SEO and PPC Working Together
As you can see, there are both pros and cons of using SEO and PPC. But what if you combine the two? You can generate maximum benefit for your brand.
The following are some of the notable advantages of combining SEO and PPC.
- You can dominate both paid results and organic search by integrating PPC and SEO. You can also establish an authoritative position for your brand.
- With improved targeting from PPC strategies, you can extract valuable information about your target audience. Your SEO team can use these insights to create more SEO-friendly content for your website.
Check out this infographic by SpyFu to learn more about SEO and PPC.