This plugin comes with no free version. Three paid plans are available to choose from:
Before becoming a customer, consumers want to hear what others have to say about a business. It’s easy to share reviews on your website. Thanks to WordPress plugins, customer reviews can be added to your website without code or developing a template from scratch.
You can use a plugin to make your product reviews more visually appealing and search engine friendly if you post customer reviews regularly. There are numerous WordPress review plugins to choose from. In this article, we share features, pros and cons, and pricing for the best WordPress review plugins with hundreds of downloads on the WordPress plugin database.
- What is the Review Plugin Used For?
- Benefits of Adding Reviews to Your WordPress Site
- What to Look for in a WordPress Review Plugin
- How Can You Increase Conversions Using WordPress Review Plugins?
- The Best WordPress Review Plugins
- What’s the Best WordPress Review Plugin?
- Key Takeaways
What is the Review Plugin Used For?
What steps do you take when you’re ready to make an online transaction for buying a product or service? Like other customers, you probably read product reviews to compare the various options available on the market.
It’s recommended that your customers leave reviews on your website if you’re running an online business. Even if you’re running a niche review site and writing all product reviews by hand, a product review plugin can help. If you use the right review plugin, your reviews will rank higher in search results, resulting in more traffic and sales.
However, writing review content or incorporating feedback to your site requires additional features provided by WordPress plugins. Product review plugins can increase sales, allow customers to leave reviews on your site, and more.
Benefits of Adding Reviews to Your WordPress Site
The advantages of customer reviews depend somewhat on the type of business you’re in and the products or services you provide. An online clothing store may want direct customer reviews that appear beneath each item on the website. In contrast, a local store may wish to share Google Reviews with its customers and direct them to the places to leave those reviews.
Reviews serve as free advertising for businesses. Customers can spread the word about you, whether through Google Reviews or product pages on your website. Feedback from customers helps you form stronger relationships with them. New customers are more likely to purchase when they see that their friends or other people are pleased with the product or service. Some reviews will provide you with helpful information that you can use to improve your company’s operations.
Reviews can improve your search engine optimization because Google can display your star ratings in rich snippets, interactive visuals that appear in the search results. Online reviews can also fill in the gaps with information not shown on your website, such as pricing information. For example, you may have overlooked some specifications in your product description, but a helpful customer may have brought it to your attention in a review.
What to Look For in a WordPress Review Plugin
While some of the plugins have unique functionality, most of them share several standard features. So, what are some of the characteristics to look for in a review plugin?
- The ability to embed customer reviews on your website and a form for customers to fill out to submit their reviews
- A rating system, such as stars or a thumbs-up/down button
- Options for uploading more visual content, such as photographs or videos
- Customers can search for keywords in specific reviews using a search bar
- A straightforward interface for viewing and moderating comments received
- Alternatives for aggregating your online reviews from sites such as Google and Yelp
- Integration with the WooCommerce plugin (particularly useful for obtaining feedback on specific products)
- Several options available to display reviews on the website, including shortcodes and widgets
- Customizable fields in the reviews – for example, some businesses may wish to include a section titled “Pros and Cons”
How Can You Increase Conversions Using WordPress Review Plugins?
Successful reviews can have a significant impact on the image of your company. They restore faith in potential leads, allowing you to convert more leads in less time and with fewer resources. When it comes to increasing sales, one of the most effective ways is to use user reviews as social proof in your marketing campaigns. Customer testimonials have a significant impact – they demonstrate to other customers that your product or services are dependable, trustworthy, and time-tested in the field.
Well, customer reviews are free advertisements for your company, and they can help you increase sales and improve your brand’s reputation. Let’s have a look at some of the best WordPress review plugins you should consider for your online business.
The Best WordPress Review Plugins
WordPress review plugins will provide you with the layouts and customization options you need to quickly add reviews to your site. Here is our selection of premium and free plugins, allowing you to incorporate social proof into your website, no matter your budget.
If you want to increase positive reviews on Google, Trustpilot, Facebook, or any other third-party review platform, this is the plugin you probably didn’t realize you needed.
Using Starfish Reviews, you no longer have to be afraid of asking your customers for reviews. If you ask everyone for feedback, you may receive negative comments from people who had a bad experience with you. But with Starfish Reviews, you can include the funnels to encourage people who have had negative experiences to contact you directly with their negative feedback.
- With a familiar WordPress interface, it’s simple to set up and configure
- Send the same link to everyone for feedback, including your clients, followers, podcast listeners, ebook readers, and more
- Automatically follow-up by integrating with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp and MailPoet
- To embed funnels in pages or posts, use the shortcodes provided, or create your own funnel layout using page builders such as Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder, and the Block Editor
- Analytics to provide a high-level assessment of your performance
- Easy to install
- Better reputation management
- Allows users to create funnels for feedback
- Funnels creation for the different marketing campaign
- Funnel URL customization
- Customers complain about the poor support system
- A bit complicated beginners
On WordPress.org, there is a limited free version of Starfish Reviews. The paid version has three pricing options:
- Business – Starting at $37/year
- Entrepreneur – Starting at $97/year
- Agency – Starting at $197/year
Ratings and reviews are collected on your website using the Site Reviews plugin, a straightforward but effective solution. To display your reviews, the plugin provides a variety of choices, including shortcodes, widgets, and block layouts. Reviews are displayed in a default order, but you can change this by pinning some of the best reviews to the top of the list.
If you prefer a clean look and standard review formatting, this is a plugin to take into consideration.
- Reviews can be displayed almost anywhere on your website through these unique widgets, blocks, and shortcodes
- Organize your best reviews by tagging them to appear at the top of the list
- Integrates with Akismet to help you get rid of unwanted email messages
- Includes a backup and restores feature if you lose any information
- When a review is published, you can choose to receive custom notifications
- Rich snippets, including ratings and stars, appear on your search engine results page
- Configuration of your comments
- Encourage customers to sign up before leaving feedback
- Integrates with WooCommerce
- Custom notifications
- Customer support can lag
- You need to purchase add-ons for better functionality
The core features for this plugin are free for all users and are available at WordPress.org. Depending on the add-ons you want with your plugin (including review forms and review filters), you can either pay for each one or buy a bundle at $89.
WP Customer Reviews
In addition to being free, the WP Customer Review plugin is a fantastic solution for accepting reviews on any page of your website. This is an open-source project, and the only money that goes to the developers is in the form of donations. You can collect general customer feedback about your company, or you could include review modules on each of your product pages.
A basic dashboard for accepting or declining feedback is also provided, making it a relatively simple setup system. Along with various display options for the review boxes, the plugin also includes a setting for displaying a specific number of reviews on a single page.
- Use shortcodes to place your reviews in various areas of your site, including sidebars
- Customize all fields, including the questions you would like to ask about a product
- All submissions are subject to admin moderation
- Administrators can respond to any customer reviews
- Plugin constantly being updated for no cost
- Rich snippets displayed to search engines to improve your rankings and provide a more visual representation of your ratings
- Restricting reviews that appear on each of your pages
- Easy to use
- Create your own review facility
- Quick customer support
- May be complicated for beginners
- Basic dashboard, which can be boring
One of the best things about this plugin it’s free.
Google Reviews Widget
This plugin displays Google Business Reviews on your WordPress website using a public API approved by Google, rather than crawling or using unofficial methods such as XML. With Google Reviews Widget, you can rest assured that Google Reviews will be displayed properly.
Displaying Google ratings and reviews directly on your website is the most straightforward and effective method of increasing customer confidence and, as a result, increasing sales. You’ll get better results with the Business version of this plugin because it displays all reviews automatically, syncs them, and supports other platforms such as Facebook and Yelp.
- With no need for any manual intervention, all connected Google ratings and reviews are automatically updated
- Responsive slider that works on any device
- With a ‘Write a review’ button, you can collect new Google Reviews and raise your Google Rating
- Reviews can be hidden, and only the rating badge is shown, or you can use a List layout to display them
- Display the reviews using a shortcode, a widget, or any visual composer, such as WPBakery or Divi
- With a “read more” link, you can shorten lengthy reviews
- Works on dark web forums and websites
- Customize the layout with additional CSS
- Free version for small enterprises
- Automatically update reviews from Google
- Supports multiple languages
- SEO friendly
- For better results, you need to upgrade to the paid version
- Automatic updates result in collecting negative reviews from Google
The plugin is free, but you can expand to a business license for $85 per year.
WP Product Review
WP Product Review Lite is a free plugin with only the most basic features. The WordPress Gutenberg editor converts your posts into product reviews by including an additional ‘Is this post a review?’ checkbox on each post.
WP Product Review Lite also includes its own custom widgets, which allow you to display your most recent and best reviews in any widget area of your website.
- Create a widget that allows users to rate and review the best products
- From the theme options, you can easily change the widget’s colours
- Incorporate a download button into your posts
- Include a wrap-up widget at the end of each of your articles
- Easy to use
- Loads quickly
- Poor customer service
- Compatibility issues
- Conflicts with a website’s CSS
The lite version of this plugin is free for all users. The pro version has been discontinued.
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce was specifically designed for WooCommerce stores. This isn’t a good option for those looking to simply include a review box for their product reviews on their WordPress blog.
However, if you have an online store and would like to attract more customer reviews while displaying that feedback to increase social proof, this is a great option to consider.
- Assists you in receiving more positive feedback from your customers
- Customers can review different products from a single form on a one-page review form
- Offer discounts in exchange for reviews (with automated unique coupon generation)
- Allows customers to attach photos to their reviews
- Display a review summary bar on product pages that contain only one review
- Consumers can sort reviews according to their ratings and vote on the most valuable reviews
- Verified reviews can be found by looking for trust badges
- Easy to set up
- Customization features available
- Create social media versions of each review to promote your company
- Lacks customer service
- Conflicts with the product page
- No feature to import reviews
- Plugin occasionally crashes
You can use the plugin for free, but to use updated features, you need to purchase the professional version for $49.99/year or $7.99/month.
WP Business Reviews
If you’re looking for a feature-rich review plugin, look no further than WP Business Reviews. You won’t have to do any work to display customer reviews on your website. Installing the plugin on your WordPress website and connecting platforms such as Yelp, Facebook, and Google is you need to do to get started.
Afterwards, WP Business Reviews takes over, pulling in all current and new reviews from various platforms. You can add your custom reviews and filter out some of the negative comments from other users.
- Collects and organizes reviews that can be displayed on your site from various sources
- Remove any reviews or ratings less than a specific star rating by using a filter
- Mark your favourite reviews as favourites so that they appear at the top
- Customize the type of rating system you want to use and how it appears on the reviews you receive
- Make the styling of your reviews match the colour scheme of your website
- Customers’ names and avatars can be highlighted along with the locations of all of the reviews
- User-friendly interface
- Advance features with every update
- On-time customer service
- Features available for all businesses from small to large enterprises
- No free version
- Only basic support available
- Basic – $49.50/year
- Pro – $74.50/year
- Agency – $149.50/year
Schema – All in One Schema Rich Snippet
The Schema plugin has one primary function: it allows you to display rich snippets for your brands on search engines like Google and Bing. In other words, if you’re looking for a way to solicit feedback on your website, this isn’t the plugin for you.
Schema takes a different approach, integrating with your existing review system and including visuals for search engines to better understand your content. For example, you may want to include stars in your rating system or a shortened version of your recipe on Google.
- The system is simple to use; you can set it and forget it with only a few settings
- Support for various schema.org types is included
- Schema types can be enabled only once per post type or post category
- Ability to enable Schema types anywhere you want on your website’s content is included in the premium version
- Customize the source data for schema.org properties by modifying source data
- Valid markup can be verified using the Google Structured Data Testing Tool
- Reuse data that has been saved in post meta and has been generated by other plugins
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Add schema with just a few steps
- Supports the most common types of schema
- Fast loading
- You need a prior understanding of Schema
The Schema plugin is available for free to all users.
Photo Review for WooCommerce
This plugin is among the most effective available for WooCommerce, and it has a lot of features. Allowing customers to upload images to their product reviews has become somewhat of a trend in recent years.
- Enables customers to attach images to their reviews, which are then displayed alongside the review on the website’s front-end
- Limit picture size by setting a maximum picture size
- Reviews must include an image that will be uploaded to the website
- On the front-end, you can choose whether to show the most recent or oldest reviews first
- Display an average rating, the total number of reviews, and the number of reviews for each rating
- Filter reviews by rating, whether or not they contain pictures, and whether or not they were purchased by a verified buyer
- Showcases a message and a checkbox in the review form, allowing customers to agree to have their review shared on your website
- Administrator has the ability to edit review text and change review images
- Comes with a free version with advanced tools, such as email design and coupons for photo reviews, among other things
- Option to include customer photos while adding feedback
- Import reviews from AliExpress
- Option to filter comments on website
- You can only give out coupons with the pro version
- Only the pro version includes a feature that allows administrators to add reviews directly from the administration panel
The plugin offers two versions; free and premium. The premium version has two license options:
- Regular license – $32
- Extended License – $175
Reviewer WordPress Plugin
Reviewer WordPress plugin is a popular plugin because it supports a large number of visuals, such as photos and badges. This is one of the most feature-rich plugins on our list.
Fonts, colours, star icons, and other elements can all be customized. You can use shortcodes to insert review boxes, tables, review lists, and single-user reviews into your WordPress website without having to code them from scratch. The plugin will also include schema markup, which will allow you to appear in rich snippets on search engine results pages (SERP).
You can enable customers to leave their reviews/ratings in the comment thread and then implement those ratings into your review box. Reviewer can assist you in creating product comparison tables and includes pre-made widgets for feedback.
- Develop eye-catching review boxes and comparison tables
- Templates are nearly unlimited
- You can have an unlimited number of review boxes per post
- You can have an unlimited number of criteria per review
- Comparison tables can be created indefinitely
- Compatible with standard posts, pages, and any custom post types
- Comparison tables can be sorted if necessary
- System for advanced user evaluation
- Overall functionality is better
- Several customizations options
- You can choose the template of your choice
- Option to add affiliate URLs to the reviews
- Poor customer support
- Interface is not user-friendly
- You might need a developer to set up the plugin
It costs $28 to use Reviewer, which is only available as a premium solution.
Taqyeem is amongst the most powerful WordPress review plugins available on CodeCanyon. The word “Taqyeem” means “valuation” in Arabic. You can use this plugin to develop your own review box as well as acknowledge product reviews from third-party sources.
- Create review boxes with an unlimited number of review criteria
- Select different review styles, such as stars, points, and percentages
- Use schema markup to improve your chances of appearing in Google’s rich snippets
- Users can rate products
- The typography and web fonts collection contains more than enough options to find formatting that complements your identity
- Posts and pages on your website, as well as review modules, are all possible locations for your review modules
- Attractive buttons can be added to your reviews
- Create criteria sets quickly and easily, designate them to your reviews, and save valuable time
- Simple to use and comes with comprehensive documentation
- Several available options for the rating image
- Installation issues
Taqyeem is available for purchase for $29 with standard Envato licensing. On top of that, there’s a separate button add-on for $19.
Ultimate Reviewer comes from an Envato Power Elite Author who has sold thousands of WordPress themes through his Envato Power Elite store. One of the highly unique functions of this plugin is its integration with the Elementor and WPBakery plugins, which allows you to create your custom review templates. Alternatively, you can select from a variety of pre-designed templates.
- Customize user review templates to match your requirements
- Control who can leave a review
- Allow users to post reviews through the comment form
- Display the percentage of users who scored a certain amount
- Enable other users to rate and comment on other people’s reviews
- User comments can be dynamically filtered by date, rating, and most helpful
- Create several different rating criteria
- Highly flexible and customizable
- User-friendly design
- Excellent technical support
- Reasonable pricing
- High benefit for a low cost
- Website may crash when used on multiple sites with the same license
The plugin offers two license options:
- Regular license – $36
- Extended license – $225
What’s the Best WordPress Review Plugin?
The type of review features you’re looking for will determine how much time you’ll have to spend on it. Let’s start with some suggestions for including product review boxes in your product reviews. Because several plugins with this feature have been shared, one important differentiator is how the plugin is styled.
Tables of product comparisons might be an additional consideration. If you want to include product comparison tables in your reviews, Ultimate Reviewer and Reviewer are both good choices because they include this functionality.
Finally, if you’re specifically interested in collecting and displaying reviews for your WooCommerce store, you should consider the free Customer Reviews for WooCommerce plugin. If you need to collect reviews for a WordPress site not affiliated with WooCommerce, the Site Reviews plugin may be right for you.
Review plugins can be effective and beneficial for any business. This is one of the reasons why Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, includes product reviews on its website. WordPress review plugins are extremely powerful and can play a critical role in the development of a successful website. Not only can it help you gain the trust of your visitors, but it can also help you increase your revenue and improve your search engine rankings.