Parked domains point to your main domain. Your main domain and parked domain share the same web pages. Parked domains don’t have separate index pages or folders from your main site, but they can have their own email addresses. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up a parked domain.
Set up a parked domain
- Log in to your HostPapa dashboard.
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link and enter your cPanel password if required.
- From the Domains section, click on the Parked Domains icon.
- In the Create a New Parked Domain form, enter the domain name you wish to park (without the www.).
- Click Add Domain. A message will be displayed once the domain name has been added.
Note: Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to HostPapa’s DNS servers.
For further information on domains, please check out our video tutorials on domain server setup/transfer, and our Knowledge Base article on the difference between addon domains, parked domains, and subdomains.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.