To export Outlook items to a .pst file in Outlook 2010, follow these instructions.
1. Select File at the top of the Outlook ribbon. If your ribbon does not contain a File option in the upper-left corner, please visit this page to establish your Outlook version and locate the relevant export instructions.
2. Select Options.
3. In the Outlook Options box, select Advanced.
4. Under the Export section, select Export.
5. Select Export to a file, then Next.
6. Select Outlook Data File (.pst), then Next.
7. Select the name of the email account to export, as shown in the image below. Only information for one account can be exported at a time.
Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked. This ensures that all items are exported: Contacts, Calendar, and Inbox. Select Next.
8. Select Browse and specify a file name and location to store the Outlook Data File (.pst). Select OK to continue.
Note: If you have already used export, the prior folder location and file name are displayed. If you wish to create a new file instead of using an existing one, you must modify the file’s name.
9. If you are exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst), under Options, specify what to do when exporting items that already exist in the file.
10. Select Finish.
11. Unless a new Outlook Data File (.pst) is generated or a password-protected file is utilized, Outlook begins the export immediately.
- When creating an Outlook Data File (.pst), a password is optionally available to protect the file. When the Create Outlook Data File dialogue box appears, enter the password in the Password and Verify Password text fields, then click OK. Enter the password in the Outlook Data File Password dialogue box, then click OK.
- If you are exporting to a password-protected existing Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password in the Outlook Data File Password dialogue box, then click OK.
Now that your Outlook information is stored in a .pst file, it is portable. You can upload the.pst file to OneDrive and then download it to your new device. Additionally, you can save it to a removable device and import it to Outlook.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.