Are you getting the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error in your Chrome browser? This error indicates that the webpage you’re trying to visit is caught in a “redirect loop,” meaning that the site can’t stop trying to send your browser to a different location. In this article, we’ll look at some of the possible causes of this error, and offer suggestions for solutions.
Possible causes of the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Your Chrome browser is out of date.
- Solution: Update Chrome by opening the Chrome menu.
- Select Help –> About Google Chrome. Chrome will automatically update if it’s out of date.
- Restart Chrome and check to see whether the problem still exists.
There is a problem with the cookies for the site you’re attempting to visit.
- Solution: Delete all cookies in Chrome and restart it.
- Check to see if the problem still exists.
- Go to the More Tools menu in Chrome.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Clear your cookies and restart Chrome.
There is a coding error with the software on the site you’re attempting to visit.
Solution: Contact the site owner to let them know about the problem. If you’re the site owner, check your .htaccess file and undo any recent changes to see whether site functionality returns to normal.
Your browser is infected with malware.
Solution: Run an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes to remove the malware.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.