As a popular content management system (CMS) with millions of users, WordPress is an attractive target for hackers. However, there are steps you can take to protect your website from most types of intrusion, many of which are reasonably simple.
Find out more about securing your WordPress website by reading this HostPapa knowledge base article: How to secure your WordPress website.
With over two million active installations, Wordfence Security is one of the most popular security plugins for the WordPress platform. It’s designed to detect and protect your WordPress installation from unwanted intrusion as well as other security risks.
The plugin includes the following features:
- WordPress security firewall identifies malicious traffic and blocks attackers before they can access your website.
- Thread Defense Feed supporting automatic firewall rule updates.
- Real-time blocking of known attackers and common WordPress security threats.
- Block and reporting of suspect IP addresses and domains.
- Block or rate limit aggressive web crawlers, scrapers and bots.
- Hardened sign-in security including two-factor authentication and password strength checks.
- WordPress file and folder scanning, with virus and backdoor detection.
- Automatic scanning of comments for known malware URLs.
- Real-time traffic monitoring and reporting.
- WordPress multi-user support.
- IPv6 compatibility.
Two versions of the plugin are available. A free edition provides basic protection while a premium release supports extended features, including premium support, country blocking, scheduled scans, password auditing, real-time updates to the threat defense feed, two-factor authentication and more.
To learn how to install and configure Wordfence Security for WordPress, see this HostPapa knowledge base article: How to install and configure Wordfence Security for WordPress.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Follow this link to learn how.