Protection Power’s daily scans will check your website looking for malware, SQL injections, and other threats. To learn more about how Protection Power scans a website, click here.
After completing a diagnosis of your website, Protection Power will show you a series of color-coded tags, as explained here. Depending on the results of the scan, you might have to take additional action to protect your website:
If you see the green tag, this means no malware was detected and there is nothing you need to do. Your site is safe and protected.
If Protection Power is showing a warning tag, please make sure your FTP connection is working properly. Click here to learn how.
If you see this red tag below, Protection Power found a malware.
You’ll then need to request a cleanup by following these steps:
- Go to your Protection Power Dashboard and click on Scan.
- Select Server Side Scan and then Request Malware Cleanup.
- Click on Submit Malware Cleanup Request to initiate your cleanup process.
- From the list I’m having trouble with: select the reason for the malware cleanup request, i.e. “Unauthorized redirects”.
- Go to Details and add a short description of the problem.
- Click on Submit.
After submitting the request the cleanup process will take a few hours to complete, but you will be able to check the status in the History section from Server Side Scan.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.