You can create a staging website to test any changes or new features before publishing your site.
The staging website can be created either in the subfolder under your domain name folder or the subdomain. The latter is recommended for quick access to the staging website. It allows moving the staging website folder outside the live website folder, i.e., separating the installations.
You can find how to create the subdomain for the staging website in this KB tutorial.
How to create a staging WordPress site using WordPress Manager by Softaculous
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your HostPapa Dashboard.
- Click on the My cPanel tab.
- Use the search area to find the WordPress Manager by Softaculous.
- Navigate to WordPress Management and find the WordPress installation you want to create the staging copy of.
- Click on the arrow down to expand the managing options list:
- Click on Staging.
Option A. – Staging installation into the folder
Option B. – Staging installation under the subdomain
Once done, you will see the staging installation progress bar and the message about the result of the staging copy creation/installation afterwards:
- You’re done!
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.
This article is also available in: French