To connect to your Managed WordPress account through SSH, you have to enable it. Follow these steps:
Note: SSH and SFTP will only work with SSH Key-based authentication. Password authentication is not supported.
To enable SSH access on your MWP account, you will need to have a few things ready:
- SSH Public Key
- Terminal app (PuTTy, Terminal, etc.)
- Log in to your HostPapa Dashboard to access your MWP Dashboard.
- Click on My WordPress tab.
- On the new page loaded, click the Advanced tab.
- Enable SSH access by clicking on the toggle switch.
- Import your SSH public key on the same page in the SSH Keys section. Note, if you do not have a public key, you can generate an SSH key pair using a tool like PuTTyGen.
- Once your key is imported, you will need to activate/authorize the key by clicking the checkmark next to it, so it’s allowed to access SSH on your MWP account.
SSH is now enabled on your site and you can connect with your SSH key.
To connect to SSH, you will need to use your private SSH key along with the SFTP username and IP address listed under the Site Information section of your MWP Dashboard.
SSH command will look like this:
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.