In this article, we will give you an overview of the requirements for transferring or registering an .IE domain at HostPapa.
How to register a domain name with HostPapa
IMPORTANT: To register an .IE domain, you must be either an Irish citizen, closely connected to Ireland, or have a business registered in Ireland. You will also need to meet specific requirements according to the type of profile. You can find all documentation and profile requirements at weare.ie category page.
To check prices or register one of these domains, visit our IE domain page or purchase directly from your HostPapa Dashboard by clicking on My Domains, then Register New Domain to open a Secure Order Form.
Note: Domain privacy is not available for .IE domains.
How to transfer a domain name to HostPapa
Before you request to transfer your domain name to HostPapa, there are a few steps you should complete to ensure a smooth transfer:
- Unlock your domain name at your current registrar. Each domain registrar may have different steps to unlock the domain. If you can’t find this option in the general settings, please contact your domain registrar.
- Obtain an authorization code (EPP Key, also known as Auth-Code or transfer code). This code is necessary for the transfer and can be obtained from the current registrar or directly from weare.ie (email: email@example.com).
- As the .IE registry requires additional documentation to register or transfer .IE domain names, our Domains team will get in touch with you after you place the order for your preferred .IE domain. Please familiarize with the specific requirements (weare.ie category page) and have the transfer authorization ready to share with us.
- The renewal term for .IE domains is one year only. If the renewal fee is not paid, the domain will get marked for deletion on expiry, and WHOIS will show “Voluntary NRP”/”Involuntary NRP.” You will have a 40-day period to pay your renewal fee before the domain is parked and the website routed to a custom page. There are 30 more days during which the domain can be renewed at a regular price. After 70 days, the domain is removed from the IEDR database and released to public registration.
- There is a fee for any ownership change to an .IE domain name. Find out the exact price by opening a support ticket.
- Please ensure enough time to initiate the domain transfer before its expiration/renewal date. Transfers can take up to seven days to complete. To prevent your domain from becoming non-functional during the transfer, we recommend making this request at least two weeks before your domain’s expiry date.
If you need help with transferring or registering your .IE domain name with HostPapa, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.