Important to Remember
- Regulator: IE Domain Registry – IEDR
- HostPapa’s Partner Registrar: InterNetX
- Domain details may not be visible in HostPapa Dashboard:
- Contact details can not be updated in the Dashboard;
- Name servers can not be updated in the Dashboard;
- A ticket is requested with Domains Department.
- Registration period: 1 year only.
- Registration is not processed automatically due to additional documentation requirements.
- Eligibility criteria:
- an Irish citizen or closely connected to Ireland;
- business registered in Ireland;
- Not available for .IE domain names.
- Domains ending with .ie require a transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- Transfer code can be obtained directly from the IEDR console.
- Before submitting a transfer request, please make sure you are in possession of the domain’s Authcode; it is needed to complete the transfer.
- For transfers out, please obtain the code from the IEDR console.
- The transfer code is sent to the Administrative email address. Domains Department can tell what is the Administrative email address and also update it. Requests must be sent via a ticket.
- Domain renewal date with HostPapa will depend on the transfer completion date and invoiced accordingly (despite WHOIS showing a different expiry date).
- Renewal term is 1 year only.
- If renewal is not paid, the domain is marked for deletion on expiry. WHOIS will show “Voluntary NRP”/”Involuntary NRP”. Domain keeps resolving for 40 days after expiry and can be renewed at a regular price.
- If the domain renewal invoice has not been paid in time, the domain may get parked and the website routed to a custom page.
- Domain stops resolving after 40 days since expiry. There are 30 more days during which the domain can be renewed at a regular price.
- After 70 days since expiry, the domain is removed from the IEDR database and released to public registration.
- There is a fee to change ownership of an .IE domain name. Please check the exact price by opening a support ticket.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.