Important to Remember
- Regulator: EURid (https://eurid.eu/en/)
- HostPapa’s Registrar partner: OpenSRS
- Registration period: 1 – 10 years;
- Eligibility criteria:
- an EU citizen, independently of their place of residence;
- a natural person who is not an EU citizen and who is a resident of a Member State;
- an undertaking that is established in the EU; or
- an organisation that is established in the EU, without prejudice to the application of national law.
- When registering a .EU domain, registrants can keep their name private in the WHOIS record by leaving the Organization field blank. In that case, the email address displays in the registry WHOIS. For more information regarding this, please see section 2.4.ii of the registry’s WHOIS policy.
- Domains ending with .EU require a transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- Transfer code has a 4 group of 4 digits format (TUCO-29M6-UAH9-1JQ3) with a dash “-” between them;
- Transfer code can be obtained directly from EURid portal. (https://my.eurid.eu/en/auth/login/?next=/en/)
- An email with login link will be sent to registrant’s email address and “Generate transfer authorisation code” option is available once logged in to account.
- Before submitting a transfer request to HostPapa, please make sure that all contact information on the domain are correct, domain is unlocked and you are in possession of your transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- When transfer completes, one (1) year is added to the registration term.
- There is no “renewal grace” period. The domain goes straight into Redemption for 40 days.
Unlocking your domain
Sometimes, you will need to unlock your domain to start the transfer process. Find out how to unlock your domain at various domain registrars below:
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.