There are no special requirements for registering these top-level domains (TLDs): .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO., .NAME, .MOBI, .TEL & .IN
Before you submit to transfer a domain name to HostPapa, please do the following:
- Unlock your domain name at your current registrar.
- Obtain an authorization code (EPP Key) from your current registrar.
- Ensure that the administrative contact for your domain name has a valid, published email address in the WHOIS database (Note: updating any admin contact information at this stage may lock the domain for an additional period of time and prevent the immediate transfer. See ICANN’s new transfer policy here). Our registrar, Tucows, sends an email to this address right after you purchase the transfer. The email contains the verification link and Transfer Key that you’ll need to authorize the transfer in your account with us.
- ICANN regulations prohibit transferring domain names registered or previously transferred in the last 60 days. For more information, click here.
- Privacy protection must be disabled prior to submitting your transfer; if enabled, privacy protection tends to divert the verification email to a non-responding admin address.
- Please ensure we have enough time to initiate the domain transfer prior to its expiration/renewal date. Transfers can take up to seven (7) days to complete; it is recommended you make this request at least two (2) weeks prior to your domain’s expiry to ensure your domain does not become non-functional during the transfer.
Unlocking your domain
Sometimes, you will need to unlock your domain to start the transfer process. Find out how to unlock your domain at various domain registrars below:
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.