To optimize the discoverability of your Joomla! site’s posts and pages, you should try to create SEO-friendly titles that can be easily read by search engines such as Google, Bing, and others.
In Joomla!, title tags can be defined in the head portion of your pages. Once defined, when your site is indexed by a search engine, the title tag is used as the clickable link in search engine results. Here’s an example:
A title should be under 70 characters in length. It should also include your keywords for the specific page, as close to the start of the title tag as possible. Be sure to create a unique, descriptive title that clearly explains what your page is about.
Google suggests the following tips for creating SEO-friendly titles:
- Specify a unique title for every page
- Make your title descriptive of the page content, and concise
- Avoid keyword stuffing (repeatedly using similar words in different combinations)
- Avoid using generic titles – each page should have an unique title
- Don’t disallow search engines from visiting your website using robots.txt
Find out more about optimizing Joomla! pages for search engines in this HostPapa knowledge base article: How to optimize your Joomla! website for search engines
If you notice any problems or if you need any help, please open a new support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. More details on how to open a support ticket can be found here.