If you want your website visitors to register as users to access some areas of your Joomla! site, you need to enable user registration.
Enabling user registration
Log in to the Joomla! administrator back-end and go to System > Global Configuration. Click Users and select the User Options tab. Enter the following details, then click Save & Close.
- Allow User Registration – Select Yes.
- New User Registration Group – Select the group newly registered users will belong to. The default is Registered.
- New User Account Activation – Select the requirement for account activation.
- None – User accounts are activated immediately and don’t require email validation. This option is not recommended because it allows users to enter false email addresses.
- Self – Users are emailed a link which they must click to verify their email address and activate their account.
- Administrator – Users are emailed a link which they must click to verify their email address and then a system administrator must activate the account.
- Send Mail to Administrators – Select Yes to notify system administrators when users register and New User Account Activation is None or Self.
For more information, see Joomla! in the HostPapa knowledge base.
If you have any questions or need help, you can always contact HostPapa Support by opening a support ticket. Details about how to open a support ticket are here.