While HostPapa email services support sending email via the SMTP protocol, you can also choose to configure your email clients to use Google’s SMTP servers as an alternative. There’s no cost involved in routing email through Google’s SMTP servers and they can be used for personal email, newsletters or notifications. However, you will have to sign up for a Gmail account.
To configure your HostPapa email service to use Google’s SMTP servers, open the account settings menu in your email client. For more details on configuring email in specific clients, check out this HostPapa knowledge base article.
Enter the following configuration settings:
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: gmail.com
- Use Authentication: Yes
- Use Secure Connection: Yes (TLS or SSL depending on your mail client/website SMTP plugin)
- Username: your Gmail account (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: your Gmail password
- Port: 465 (SSL required) or 587 (TLS required)
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Follow this link to learn how.