To move your Drupal site to your new HostPapa account, simply complete the following steps:
Export your MySQL data from your old web host
- Log into your previous host’s phpMyAdmin.
- Select your WordPress data, then select “Export”
- Select all tables and export them.
You will now have a SQL query that you can run on your new database.
For more information on exporting databases, please watch our helpful tutorial here:
Import your MySQL data to your HostPapa account
- Log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard/
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link, then enter your cPanel password if required.
- Click on MySQL databases
- Create a database.
- Create a username
- Add the username to the database.
- Log into your new database’s phpMyAdmin and Import the new database.
For more information on the above steps, please watch our helpful tutorials here:
Creating a MySQL database in cPanel:
Importing databases and tables with phpMyAdmin:
You have now successfully moved your data!
Now for the files:
Download and Upload
- Use an FTP client to download ALL files from your old hosting company’s server to a location on your local desktop.
- Again using FTP, Then upload your Drupal installation files and folders to the public_html folder on your HostPapa account.
- If needed, edit the file in [drupal home]/sites/default/settings.php and edit at the section which asks for the database, location, username and password. You CAN enter the password either encrypted or not encrypted.
- Using your FTP client, chmod your “files” folder so that it is writeable (chmod to 777)
- Double check your .htaccess and [drupal home] /sites/default/settings.php and make changes in case they are needed.
Here’s some video tutorial help: