If you have an existing spreadsheet you created in another program, you can easily import and convert it to Sheets. To import and convert an already existing spreadsheet into Google Sheets:
- Go to Drive.
- Click New > File Upload.
- Choose the existing spreadsheet from your computer to add it to Drive. Supported files include .xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .ods, .csv, .tsv, .txt, and .tab.
- In Drive, right-click the spreadsheet you want to convert.
- Select Open with and choose Google Sheets.
Converting your spreadsheet from another program creates a copy of your original file in the Sheets format. You can then edit it in your browser like any other Sheet.
Have an Excel spreadsheet?
If you’ve already stored Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets in Drive, you can also update them without converting them to Sheets:
- Edit Excel spreadsheets directly in Sheets using a Chrome extension
- Edit Excel spreadsheets directly in Microsoft Excel software, then save any changes back to Drive using a plug-in
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.