Switching over to Google Docs from another document software is easy. You can convert existing documents, including .doc, .docx, .dot, .html, plain text (.txt), .rtf, and odt, to Google Docs. Follow the steps below to learn how.
- Go to Google Drive.
- Click New > File Upload.
- Choose a text document from your computer.
- An Upload complete window will pop up. Click Show file location.
- Right-click the file you want to convert and select Open with > Google Docs.
Converting your document from another program creates a copy of your original file in Docs format that you can then edit in your browser.
Have a Word document?
If you’ve already stored Microsoft Word documents in Drive, you can also update them without converting to Docs. Check out the following articles to learn more.
- Edit Word documents directly in Docs using a Chrome extension
- Edit Word documents directly in Microsoft Word software, then save any changes back to Drive using a plug-in
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.