Here at HostPapa, our customer support team works hard to ensure that all customers are billed accurately. We take fraudulent charge claims very seriously.
If you notice a suspicious charge on your credit card statement or in your PayPal account:
First, please check your account to verify the charge, keeping in mind the following potential scenarios:
- You may have originally signed up with a web host that has been acquired by HostPapa and would have been notified of this change by email. If this is the case, your credit card payment(s) will now appear as HOSTPAPA, which may be new to you. If in doubt, please get in touch with us at any time!
- You may have purchased products and/or services from HostPapa up to three or more years ago that are set to auto-renew.
Your HostPapa dashboard provides detailed information on the status of all of your products and services, along with your billing history and invoices charged.
How to report suspected fraudulent charges:
If you spot a fraudulent charge made on your credit card or PayPal account, please contact our billing department. More often than not, we can resolve things much more quickly than if you contact your credit card company first. When fraudulent charges are identified, HostPapa immediately closes offending accounts and refunds all unauthorized charges back to you.
You may contact us by submitting a ticket through your HostPapa dashboard, finding us on live chat, or, if you are not a current HostPapa customer, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting our billing department, please have the following information handy:
- Your name and address
- Any known HostPapa accounts – including client ID number, domain name (website URL), etc.
- The date and amount of the charge in question, including currency
- Order and/or invoice number, if available
- If the charge in question was on a credit card, the full name on the card, last 4 digits of the card number, and card expiry date
- If the charge in question was through PayPal, your PayPal email address and the transaction ID
As a reminder, it is a good security practice to avoid giving your credit card to anyone who is not authorized to take credit card payments.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.