* Windows only
If you prefer to work with files directly in Microsoft® Office®, but still want your files and updates saved in Drive, use the Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office.
With the plug-in installed, you can do the following:
- For existing Office files—Edit Office files already saved in Drive, directly in Microsoft Office. Every change you make is automatically saved in Drive.
- For new Office files—Create new files in Office, then store them in Drive without leaving Office.
- Go to the Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office page.
- Download and install the plug-in.
- In Microsoft Office, go to your Open options and select Google Drive.
- Choose any file stored in Drive to start editing it. Any changes you make are automatically saved in Drive.
- In Microsoft Office, create new documents, spreadsheets, or presentations.
- To store your new file in Drive, click Save to Drive and follow the instructions from there.