b2evolution is a powerful blog tool you can install directly onto the user’s own website. It includes all the features of traditional blog tools, and extends them with evolved features such as file and photo management, advanced skinning, multiple blog support, newsfeeds, photo galleries as well as detailed user permissions.
For those new to blogging, b2evolution is a good starting point: just set up, type and post. Posts are automatically arranged by date or subject into a pre-set or customized theme (or skin).
Those more experienced will note that b2evolution generates web pages dynamically from the MySQL database, so no clumsy rebuilding is involved. It also means faster search/display capabilities and the ability to serve posts/news in different templates or skins without any hassle.
b2evolution’s features include:
- Advanced browsing (paged, calendar, categories, search, etc.)
- Extended and multipaged posts
- Image/file upload and management
- Multiple and sub-categories
- Draft and quick publishing
- RSS and atom feeds
- Automatic pinging of blog directories
- Simple installation
- Multiple blog support
- Multiple user support
- Multiple skin support
- Multilingual blogging
- Web standards compliance with integrated XHTML checker
- Clean search engine friendly permalinks
- Advanced user permission management
- Private/protected posts
- Open/closed/disabled comments
- Integrated hitlogs and stats
- Robust antispam features
- Advanced rendering plug-ins (Textile, Auto-P, BBcode…)
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.