To request a domain transfer from HostPapa to another registrar, you will need an authorization key called an Auth Code or EPP code from us. Your new registrar will need the EPP code to complete the domain transfer on your behalf. We’ve outlined the process below.
Exceptions to the next steps
Some domain extensions may require different codes or information to start the domain transfer. Here is the list of exceptions:
- Please note that transfer codes for .NZ, .SG, .IE, .BE, and .EU domains cannot be retrieved this way. To obtain the Auth Code for these domains, please open a support ticket.
- To transfer a .UK domain, we will need an IPS TAG to set the new values for your domain. Please contact the new Registrar, ask for the IPS TAG, and then open a support ticket to proceed with the update.
- Some TLDs cannot be transferred if:
- Less than 60 days have passed since the domain’s initial registration.
- Less than 60 days have passed since the domain’s last transfer date.
- Less than 60 days have passed since the registrant contact details were last updated.
- Domain names under this restriction include (but are not limited to):
- Most of gTLDs (.com, .net, .org, .info, etc.)
- Some of ccTLDs (.ca, .us, .tv, .ws, .in, .co)
IMPORTANT: Any changes to the Registrant contact details may lead to a 60-day transfer lock of the domain. Check this article to learn how to opt out of the 60-day lock.
Before you request a domain transfer (EPP code)
The transfer Auth Code (EPP code) will be sent to the Admin email address of your domain name.
To receive the code, please make sure your domain contact details are up-to-date by following these steps:
- Log in to your HostPapa Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click on Details next to the domain you want to transfer.
4. In the Contacts section, make sure the Admin contact details are correct.
5. Once the new information is filled in, click on the Update button below the page.
Unlocking your domain before the transfer
When your new Registrar initiates a domain transfer, the domain needs to be unlocked. Please make sure you’ve unlocked your domain before requesting the transfer.
1. In your HostPapa Dashboard, go to My Domains.
2. Click on Details next to the domain you want to unlock.
Some domains have the WHOIS Privacy option enabled. You should turn the Privacy option off from the domain’s management page. To do this, follow these steps:
1. In My Domains, go to the Details tab.
2. Click on  from the Privacy section.
3. Click Disable Privacy.
Once these steps are complete, you are ready to request your domain transfer and your EPP code.
Request your EPP code
- On the domain’s management page, click on Transfer EPP.
- Click the Send Transfer Code button.
4. Once you receive the code, you can send it to the new Registrar to begin your transfer.
If you need help with your domain transfer request, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.