We have been alerted that some HostPapa customers have received, by snail mail, a letter from a company called Domain Renewal Group (http://www.domainrenewalgroup.com/), asking them to renew their domain names. Although this document may look official, it is not. Please ignore all correspondence from this company.
Do not send any money to the Domain Renewal Group – this is a scam designed to convince you to transfer your domain registrar unnecessarily and at a high cost. Those who pay this company generally lose that money and, in most cases, their domain name as well.
If you have registered your domain name with HostPapa, you will never have to pay any other company to preserve that name.
If you would like more information about this scam You may submit a ticket through your HostPapa dashboard by following these steps:
- Log in to your Dashboard.
- Click on My Support
- Click on the Open New Ticket tab
- Your Name and Email Address will be prepopulated
- Enter a Subject, choose the department you wish to submit the ticket to, and enter the Ticket Details
- If required, you may also add an attachment
- Click the orange Submit button
You can also learn more here:
How to protect yourself against fraud and phishing attacks
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.