Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
Setting up categories
Categories are a great way to manage and arrange your products. They also make it easier for customers to navigate your site and find the products they want. Here’s how to set them up:
1. Log in to My HostPapa Website Builder.
2. Click on Online Store in the top menu.
3. Click on Edit Categories at the bottom of your product list.
4. Click New root category to set up your main category (e.g., Dogs).
5. You can also add a subcategory (e.g., Small Dogs).
6. While you are setting your categories up, they are displayed in the left-hand side of the dialog box.
7. Once you have created your categories, click on Category products.
8. Click Add Products.
9. Select the appropriate products from the list.
10. Click Add products.
11. When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner.
Categories are also helpful if you plan to use your Online Store on more than one website, because you can select which categories to display on your site. In this way, you can offer different products on each of your sites while maintaining a single database of products.
Once you’ve set up your categories, you can add the Online Store Widget to your other sites. To select which category you’d like to have displayed on the site, follow these steps:
1. Drag and drop the online store widget onto your page.
2. Hover your mouse over the widget and click Edit in the top-left corner.
3. Click on the drop-down menu under Categories to show.
4. Select the category you’d like to have displayed. You can also choose your product layout, and number of products displayed per page.
5. Click Save in the bottom-right corner of the dialog box.
Managing your stores
Managing your store is done via the Online Store Control Panel in My HostPapa Website Builder. This control panel gives you access to advanced settings, quick links for editing shipping, products and taxes, and visual representations of your customers’ orders. You can also remove products and create new ones, to ensure that your customers always have access to your newest stock.