If you want to transfer your domain from HostGator to HostPapa, you need to unlock your domain first.
You can change the lock status of your HostGator domains in the domain control panel. Please follow these steps to unlock your domain at HostGator.
- Log in to the HostGator portal.
Note: This will be the same login that you use in your billing account.
After logging in, you’ll see all domains attached to your account, along with information about each one.
- Click Manage Domains.
- Click on the domain name you would like to unlock. Domain Overview will appear with the details of the selected domain.
- In the left-hand menu, click the Domain Locking tab.
- Select the Locking OFF radio button on the Domain Locking page to unlock the domain.
- Click Save Domain Locking.
Your domain is now unlocked. Submit the transfer request from My Domains in HostPapa Dashboard, and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.