You can configure mail service and MX records in your Namecheap account if your domain is pointed to BasicDNS, BackupDNS, PremiumDNS or FreeDNS account. BackupDNS is a legacy option.
Note: There should be no CNAME record created for your domain in the Host records section.
CNAME has the highest priority over all other records including host name and even MX Records which are responsible for mail delivery.
Steps to set up your MX Records:
1. Login to your Namecheap account. You can find the login link in the top left corner of the page.
2. In the left sidebar, select Domain list.
3. The domain list will be displayed. Click on the button Manage next to the domain name for
which DNS records have to be set.
4. Select the tab Advanced DNS and click Mail Settings.
5. Click on the option Custom MX to set MX records for third party mail services like HostPapa.
6. Click on Save Changes to save the settings. It will take about 30 minutes for the settings to take
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.