You can configure mail service and MX records in your Namecheap account if your domain is pointed to BasicDNS, BackupDNS, PremiumDNS, or FreeDNS account. BackupDNS is a legacy option.
Note: There should be no CNAME record created for your domain in the Host records section.
CNAME has the highest priority over all other records, including hostname and even MX Records, responsible for mail delivery.
Steps to set up your MX Records:
- Log in to your Namecheap account. You can find the login link in the top left corner of the page.
- In the left sidebar, select the Domain list.
- The domain list will be displayed. Click on the button Manage next to the domain name for which DNS records have to be set.
- Select the tab Advanced DNS and click Mail Settings.
- Click on the option Custom MX to set MX records for third-party mail services like HostPapa.
- Click on Save Changes to save the settings. It will take about 30 minutes for the settings to take effect.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.