An MX (Mail Exchanger) record is a DNS record. It identifies the server that will handle incoming emails for your domain. In a Bluehost name server, the default MX record is your domain name. This name has a local IP address which is connected to the server. This means all mail is processed locally. The MX record can be changed to point to a different email host like HostPapa.
Accessing The Zone Editor
Your MX records can be modified in the DNS Zone Editor.
1. Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
2. Click the Domains menu at the top of the page.
3. In the submenu, select Zone Editor.
4. Click here to learn how to get your HostPapa MX information.
5. Follow the instructions on screen to add a new MX record or modify an existing one.
It can take up to 48 hours before the new DNS settings are live.
Changing an Existing MX record
1. Follow the steps above to access the Zone Editor.
2. Choose the domain you want to modify from the drop-down menu.
3. Scroll to MX (Mail Exchanger).
4. Select the MX Record that you want to edit and click on Edit next to the MX record.
5. Edit the information and click on Save.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.