Please note: As of November 21, 2013, new shared web hosting accounts no longer include the Soholaunch site builder tool. Instead, we are pleased to include the HostPapa Website Builder with all new accounts.
About HostPapa Website Builder: http://hostpapa.com/website-builder
Support articles: https://www.hostpapa.com/knowledgebase/categories/hostpapa-website-builder/
Using the standard Softaculous installation method will not allow you to install more than one instance of Soholaunch Pro Edition.
Here are the steps to install Soholaunch Pro Edition on an addon domain. There are 3 parts:
Downloading the installer:
- Go to http://www.soholaunch.com/Install_Soholaunch.php
- Click Download Pro Edition Installer and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file on your computer. You will get two files, one called installsoholaunch.php and the other README.txt.
- Place installsoholaunch.php in the directory of your addon domain (i.e. public_html/addondomain.com).
Creating the Database:
- Log in to cPanel through your dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link, then enter your cPanel password if required.
- From the Databases section, click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Enter the Database name of your choice in the New Database field (for example: “sohoyourdomain” where “yourdomain” is the name of your domain without the .com etc).
- Click Next Step.
- Create a username and password.
- Click Create User.
- Check ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click Next Step.
- Your database is now created; you can click home.
Installing Soholaunch Pro Edition:
- In a new web browser window, type the following in the address bar: http://www.your-addon-domain.com/installsoholaunch.php (replace www.your-addon-domain.com with your actual addon domain).
- Follow the on screen settings until you get to the information window.
- In the information window, the username and password fields will be automatically populated with admin and admin. Change this to a username and password of your choice.
- Enter the database name as yourcPanelusername_thedatabasename (for example: abcd1234_sohoaddon assuming your username is abcd1234).
- Enter your username as yourcPanelusername_thedatabaseusername (for example: abcd1234_sohoaddonuser).
- Enter the password used when creating the database.
- Continue with the on screen instructions until complete. You will then be able to access Sohoadmin via http://www.your-addon-domain.com/sohoadmin (replace www.your-addon-domain.com with your actual addon domain).
Once you’re done, you’ll have two copies of Soholaunch Pro Edition in one account.