When an AbanteCart upgrade is available, you’ll see an update notification message when logging into your Admin Panel.
Before upgrading, back up your AbanteCart site and store the backup locally as follows:
- Go to your cPanel and scroll to the Softaculous Apps Installer section.
- Click the AbanteCart icon.
- On the Softaculous AbanteCart page, click the Backup icon for the current installation of AbanteCart.
- On the Backing Up AbanteCart page, click the Backup Installation button.
- Download the backup file to your computer as follows:
- Return to the main cPanel page.
- In the Files section of cPanel, click the Backup icon.
- On the Backup page, scroll to the Download a MySQL Database Backup section. It will contain a backup file for your AbanteCart database. To download the backup file, click its name.
- In the Save As window that appears, select the destination on your local computer to store the backup file.
- Click Save.
There are two ways to upgrade AbanteCart:
- Open the message and you’ll find a link to automatically begin the upgrade process. Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- Go to the Softaculous Apps Installer in your cPanel, click the AbanteCart icon, and then click the Update Now link on the Softaculous AbanteCart page. Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
For additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard.