Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
A Google Map is a great way to point out the location of your business or of an event.
Here’s how to add a Google Map to your page:
- Click on Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop the Google Map Widget onto your page.
- Enter your address in the Search bar when the Google Map dialog box pops up. The dialog box also allows you to set the size and zoom of the map.
- To adjust the width, height and padding click on the Settings tab. You can select whether you want it to display as a map, satellite image or a hybrid of the two.
- Click on Save in the bottom right hand corner of the box.
If you want to include directions with your Google Map, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Maps.
- Enter your address in the box provided and hit enter.
- On the far right side of your map, click on Link.
- Under Paste HTML to embed in website, copy the code provided.
- Back in the website builder, drag and drop an HTML Widget onto the page and paste in the code.
- Save and republish your site.
This article is also available in: German