Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
It’s possible to add a Google search box that will search just your own site or will search all of Google. Below are two suggestions for site search features.
You can use a free site search service called siteLevel:
This will search the pages of your site.
- Go to siteLevel.com.
- Fill in your email address and domain name.
- Click Sign Up.
- In the website builder, drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page (the icon for this is a blue sphere).
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor and click Save.
- Save and preview your page to view the search box.
You can also add a search box to search Google:
This widget will search Google.
- Go to Widgets.
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop your HTML widget onto the page you wish to have the search box displayed.
- Add the following code:
<form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/search">
<div style="border:2px solid black;padding:2px;width:20em;">
<table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0">
<input type="text" name="q" size="25" style="color:#808080;" maxlength="255" value="Google site search" onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue)this.value=''; this.style.color='black';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value=this.defaultValue; "/>
<input type="submit" value="Go!" />
<input type="hidden" name="sitesearch" value="google.com" />
- Click Save and you should see the search box displaying on your page.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future. Codes can become obsolete and/or conflict with the enhancements made to provide you with the best Sitebuilder possible.