HostPapa free and painless Website Migration
HostPapa is committed to making your website transfer from ANY provider* absolutely hassle-free!Move to HostPapa
Avoid downtime while moving!
We take downtime worries away, as one of our migration experts will take care of you through the entire process, completely FREE of charge. This is what we do every day! Our specialty is in migrating your website and emails to and from the following services:
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
Don’t waste time on subpar services!
- Are you unhappy with your current hosting provider’s support service?
- Does your website experience regular downtime?
- Do you think you could do more with your website, but your host doesn’t provide the capabilities?
- Are you being overcharged?
If this applies to you, then it’s definitely time to move to HostPapa!
Here are all the things you can get with HostPapa’s free website migration:
- Clear and efficient communication throughout the process.
- Free migration of all website files, databases, and email accounts**.
- Migration of all website HTML files and images.
- Migration of all website media files.
- Migration of all website scripts or applications; testing to ensure frictionless performance.
- Migration of all MySQL databases.
- Replication of your e-mail configuration.
- Modification of your domain name nameservers to point your domain to your new account on HostPapa servers.
- 100% satisfaction after the move – final testing to make sure all looks ok.
- cPanel server migrating work undertaken overnight to minimize any impact on your visitors.
Steps for moving
To provide the highest service quality for you, our team of skilled migration technicians will plan and migrate your website efficiently from your old hosting company to our high-performance servers.
Need help? The PapaSquad is here when you need it
Whether it’s helping you choose a domain name, walking you through our website builder, or configuring your cloud email system for your business, our PapaSquad experts are here to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions!
Always around for a chat help session.
Prefer emails and tickets? Works for us.
Call us anytime!
Frequently Asked Questions
What qualifies for a FREE website migration?+−
HostPapa offers their free migration service to new accounts only. You must have signed with a confirmed account and received your welcome email. You have 30-days from that email to initiate a free website migration.
What’s included with website migration?+−
- Moving all website HTML files and images
- Moving all website media files
- Moving any website scripts or applications and testing to make sure they continue to work without problems
- Moving any MySQL databases
- Replicating your e-mail configuration
What warranty do I have with the website migration?+−
Free migration services are only offered for “as-is” transfers of website content and data.
What is not included with the website migration?+−
There can be no updates to the website configuration (including website content, layout, navigation, etc.). The move is an exact replica of your website files from your previous web host. The exception is database connection details which may change.
Copying an existing website to a brand new domain name or changing the URL of an existing website is not included with this service.
What if I upgrade plans?+−
Accounts that are being upgraded that require a complete server change will get free migration service.
What’s included with cPanel transfers?+−
By using the existing web host cPanel backup generator (must be active), full cPanel transfers include all domains, add-on domains, subdomains, and cPanel settings. This will also include your emails and email accounts.
What is a manual transfer?+−
Manual transfers are categorized as transfers that are not from another cPanel web host. This would also include some unconventional elements of your website transfer. Some examples of manual transfer include:
- Moving from a non-cPanel based hosting company to HostPapa.
- Splitting addon domains into cPanel accounts.
- Moving from a shared hosting package to a Reseller plan.
- Moving addon domains into new cPanel sub-accounts, addon domain to addon domain, cPanel account to addon domain, addon domain to cPanel account, anything that cannot be packaged and then restored without any additional work.
Are there any sites that HostPapa simply cannot move?+−
Unfortunately, some websites cannot be moved, even by our experienced Migration team. This is due to the technical limitations of your existing web host or we simply cannot support some of the features or transfer your existing solution.
Here is our current list of web hosts/website builders that we cannot transfer:
- Website Tonight
- Google Sites
- Microsoft Office Live Small Business / Microsoft 365
HostPapa also currently does not support Windows-based shared web hosting.
SPECIAL NOTE: We also require access to your website files. If your or website builder will not provide us access (typically by FTP) then we cannot move your website files, databases or email accounts. Without access, we cannot copy or transfer your information.
How can I archive my existing emails and move them in the process?+−
If you want to save your existing emails during the transfer, the easiest and fastest way is to set up a POP3 connection via Outlook or another mail client. As soon as you start using POP3, every email received is permanently saved to your local computer. To set up your computer to receive your emails and get them from your existing host’s server, please review these instructions.
Some hosting providers have different e-mail systems and configurations than HostPapa, and it may not be possible to transfer stored e-mails. If this is the case with you, our team will advise you in advance.
How do I set up my email with HostPapa when transferring?+−
If you are moving from another cPanel web host, our website migration experts will use your existing email settings and accounts to set up in your HostPapa account.
If your previous host does not utilize cPanel, then you will need to create the new email accounts in your new HostPapa cPanel control panel. It is recommended that you set up the new email accounts as soon as you can log in to your HostPapa account.
Important Note: Be sure that all your existing email accounts are created in HostPapa prior to changing your nameservers or DNS of your domain name; failure to do so may result in lost, “bounced”, or unreceived emails.